Very neatly put!
Five pillars of conservatism.
1. The belief in the inalienable right of every man to succeed or fail, based on his own talents without undue interference by the state.
2. Belief in the standard of merit is the only viable standard when considering people for any position, public or private.
3. Belief in the idea that the best way to defend the rights of the masses, is defend the rights of the individuals who make those masses up.
4. Belief in the idea that mankind is the most valuable resource the planet has.
5. That the previous 4 pillars are interconnected and dependent one upon the other.
Conservatism has long suffered from an identity crisis. In spite of it’s adherents desire to see things in a very much black and white way, they still fall victim to nebulousness because of the wide variety of ideas surrounding what it means to…
View original post 852 more words